It is critical that every homeowner or business undertakes an annual insurance review. Regular reviews are equally essential to ensuring that your policy continues to be a good fit for your coverage needs and budget.
In a single year, a lot can happen that can have a significant impact on your insurance costs, coverage options, and limitations, among other things. Among these are the following:
- Marrying or divorcing
- Children graduating from high school/empty nest/child off to college
- Beginning a new job
- Recruitment of new employees
- Purchase new commercial equipment
- Establishing a new enterprise
- Accepting elderly parents into your home
- The acquisition or receipt of an ostentatious gift
- Your immediate family member has died
- Mortgage repayment
Is this to say that I must immediately contact my insurance agent whenever I purchase new furniture or a family member moves in for six months? Not always. While more significant changes (such as marriage, divorce, or the purchase of a new car) should be reported immediately, items such as upgrading your home entertainment system or upgrading your sound system can be reported during your annual insurance review.
Give us a call today; we are ready to review your coverage.