We recommend asking your agent a series of questions to better understand what your insurance covers and does not cover.
· Do I need a personal umbrella? What does it cover? What limit should I have?
· I drive for a ride-share company. How am I covered?
· What is replacement cost coverage, and why is it important?
· What happens if I rent a car and go both domestically and abroad? What coverage would my insurance have?
· My homeowners' deductible, what is it? How would it be waived? When did I most recently file a homeowners claim?
· What would happen if my house was destroyed completely? Could I instead use the cash value of my policy?
· My house is old. Would my insurance pay to rebuild my house to current building codes, or would I be responsible for that cost?
· I have a wine collection; how is that covered?
· I just constructed an outdoor kitchen, is this automatically covered? If not, what do I need to do?
· Can I receive any credits for combining my home and auto insurance together?
· What is flood insurance exactly? Or an earthquake occurrence? Does my insurance cover these incidents? If not, should I add coverage?
· I employ a housekeeper. What if they had a work-related injury?
· Am I potentially liable for their lost wages and rehabilitation? What if I'm sued by my employee?
· What if I misplace my jewelry?
· I serve on boards for both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Will a claim made against me be covered by my own insurance?
· How much would my automobile be worth if it were a total loss? How, if at all, would the deductible apply?
· I recently started a home business. Does my homeowner's insurance provide any coverage?
· When should I include my kids in my auto insurance policy? When should they be removed?
· What happens if a sewer or drain inside my house backs up? I believe I am protected, but am I?
Give us a call today; we would be happy to help you better understand your insurance coverage.